Frontline Features and Updates
This page contains a list of new features and updates introduced into FrontlineCloud as we release them. Our developer team follows a user-centric, test-driven development process and pushes updates to FrontlineCloud every 2-3 weeks. We welcome new feature requests, so please feel free to suggest ideas via our support page: http://support.frontlinesms.com/. You can also make suggestions via the "feedback" tab in your FrontlineCloud account.
If you would like our team to build a specific customization for you, then please contact email@example.com.
FrontlineCloud Release Notes: January 27, 2014
Managing Your Connections
- The status tab has been re-named to "Connections" and now, not only can you monitor the status, you can also manage your phone numbers directly within the tab. We felt users needed fewer steps to add, edit, or troubleshoot their numbers.
- Routing preferences now save automatically -- no more worrying about forgetting to hit that 'save' button!
- A while back we improved our tool for selecting people from your contacts list. That means now we can make sending a message all one, clean process rather than a 3-step wizard.
- "Quick message" now says "send message," because all of our messages should be quick if we're making a useful application for you.
- We previously made some major improvements to the contact page, and now we're refining our work. If you need to update your contact's information, you can now tell the app has saved that information automatically. We also added an "import" button to the Contacts page so you can quickly add more contacts using .csv or a vCard.
- "E-mail Address" in the contact field is now simply "Email," which should reduce errors on import.
- When selecting a group to receive a message, you'll see at a glance how many contacts are in that group, so you'll know how many messages will be queued.
- When sending a message, we hide empty groups so you don't accidentally try to send a message to nobody.
- If you select multiple contacts or messages, our buttons now read "delete selected" rather than the rather scary-sounding "delete all."
- Some basic copy improvements and bug fixes.
And stay tuned ...
We have a new FrontlineSMS desktop release on the way, with some fantastic new features, updates and bug fixes. We're very excited to share the details, which will be posted to our blog and on the FrontlineSMS page.
And as we hinted before, during our retreat we finalized our product roadmap for the next few months. We have some really exciting features -- and a few big surprises -- coming your way shortly! Watch this space!
FrontlineCloud Release Notes: September 25, 2013
Now With Twilio
Twilio is a widely-used SMS gateway and aggregator service in the United States. The company has been in the news a lot lately for their recent successful venture capital raise, and their conference last week. Many of our users have Twilio accounts, or would like to use one in conjunction with FrontlineCloud. Twilio joins our lineup alongside Nexmo, World-Text, and Clickatell as services we support for sending and receiving text messages, as well as registering for virtual phone numbers. It also means more options for reaching the people you care about most.
With the combination of virtual numbers provided by these services, integration with SMSSync, the option of hosting a virtual SIM with World-Text, and of course, using a modem with our desktop software, we believe we offer the widest coverage with a local number of any SMS management service in the world.
Twilio -- in fact most of our SMS service providers -- can do much more sending and receiving SMS. We have big plans to expand and take full advantage of their other features. Stay tuned …
Some other improvements to the app include the following:
- automatic connections to Nexmo -- for a short time, users were required to copy and paste a ‘callback URL’ into their Nexmo account; we’ve now corrected this issue so that FrontlineCloud will create an automatic connection to your Nexmo account
- routing rules now behave as expected -- we have fixed routing rules so that you can message your contacts how you best see fit; this was a bug from the launch that is now corrected
- additional bug fixes / improvements including correcting language files, correcting the graph in our polling feature, improvements on selecting contacts or groups when sending messages, and more!